About the Eye Clinic
Jachie Eye Clinic was established in April 2002. It is a member of the Christian Health Association of Ghana. From its humble beginning it has now grown to the following:
- A dedicated clinic building, and also added in 2019 a separate building a short distance from the clinic that houses a modern operating theatre, laser treatment room, and a diagnostic room.
- 30 employees, including: an ophthalmologist, optometrists, optician, ophthalmic nurse, staff nurses, record officers, accountant, dispensing officer, health assistants, driver.
- Eye care services for the diagnosis and treatment of eye conditions such as refractive error, glaucoma, cataract, uveitis, conjunctivitis, etc.
- 30 blind children are supported: subsistence payments, funding for medication and surgery, school fees, Braille machines.
- Outreach clinics at community centres, etc.
- Screening for eye problems in local schools.
See more detail on the following topics:
And see the annual reports for more details.
Page last updated October 2019
Main clinic building