About the Eye Clinic
Jachie Eye Clinic was established in April 2002. It is a member of the Christian Health Association of Ghana. From its humble beginning it has now grown to the following:
- A dedicated clinic building.
- 19 employees, including: optometrists, optician, nurses, record officers, accountants, dispensing officer, health assistants, driver.
- Eye care services: visual acuity check, intraocular pressure check, diagnosis and treatment of eye conditions such as uveitis, glaucoma, conjunctivits, etc.
- 27 blind children are supported: subsistence payments, funding for medication and surgery, school fees, Braille machines.
- Outreach clinics at community centres, etc.
- Screening for eye problems in local schools.
See more detail on the following topics:
And see the annual reports for more details.
Page last updated August 2017
Main clinic building